Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today Was Everything But a Fairy Tale

December 19, 2010

Today was one of the longest, most humbling, exhausting days of my life. I have done one international mission but have never experienced domestic mission work until today. For my first impression of  seeing Toys for Tots firsthand, I am soo ready to make this a yearly tradition. I’m totally exhausted and I’m ready to go back Monday and do it all again. I’ve heard it said “Mission work begins at home”…I now have gained a new perspective of what that means. This will be a day that I will NEVER forget. Cherokee Nation, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to give back to the community. I hope that I represented you and the love of Christ well. Even though I may not embrace my heritage as much as I should, I really appreciate you giving me this chance to give back all the blessings that God has been so wonderfully and incredibly gracious with. John 3:16, thank you for opening my eyes to another world and thank you for this opportunity to serve. I cannot wait until Monday when I get to go back and do it all again!!!!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment