Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Need to Do This

Hey.
Okay so I know that I’ve sorta let this blog fall to the wayside.
Uhm…there’s just a lot of stuff going on right now and it’s really been difficult trying to process all of it.
In fact, I’m still processing it.
I had a really dramatic weekend and my dad and I got into a really heated confrontation which resulted in him telling our whole church about the source of said confrontation…my grades.
There are so many thoughts in the back of my mind about whether or not I will stay at the church I’ve basically grown up in since I was 8 years old or if I’m gonna start going somewhere else or what.
From talking with my mom, basically until things settle down in the coming weeks, when I go home next week I will not be at First Christian.
Part of me is totally furious that it had to reach this point but another part of me is like “WTH?! How did I get here?”
I think that even though I want to be the bigger person and I want to be the adult here and put this behind me and move forward and act like it never happened, it’s still really like a blunt force that I may have to change churches because of this.
I’m still praying about all of this and hopefully by the time I go home, my decision will be based off of what God wants rather than “I’m crazy infuriated and I’m doing this based off of my emotion and my animosity towards him and the things he did.”
God, I need therapy. hahaha.
I think the biggest thing I’m dealing with is the fact that when I’m up here at school, I feel like I have to basically forget that I’m going through all of this. It sucks because I’m not letting anyone see behind this masquerade of emotion. To be perfectly honest, it reminds me of that song by Casting Crowns– Stained Glass Masquerade where he says:
Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the onlyone in church today feeling so small?
‘Cause when I take a look around,
Everybody seems so strong
I know they’ll soon discover
That I don’t belong
So I tuck it all away,
Like everything’s okay
If I make them all believe it,
Maybe I’ll believe it too
So with a painted grin
I play the part again
So everyone will see me
The way that I see them
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feeling so small?
I know they’ll soon discover that I don’t belong
So I tuck it all away,
Lke everything’s okay
If I make them all believe it,
Maybe I’ll believe it too
So with a painted grin,
I play the part again
So everyone will see me
The way that I see them
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade
Is there anyone who’s been there?
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who’s traded
In the altar for a stage?
The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart
But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be
Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay
————-
Okay now..
With everything that’s happened the past few days, I feel like I’m being totally fake.
It sucks because it’s like “Well, I’m so furious at him but yet, I want to get closer to God…I feel so stuck between myself and everything that’s happened.”
Speaking from past experiences, every time something like this happens, I go into my own little cave and push everyone else away. I rarely allow anyone to really reach out to me and try to pull me out of it…or I run and completely avoid it altogether.
At this point, I feel like I can’t be real. I feel like if I do show some of the raw emotion I’ve been feeling since last weekend, I’ll let my weaker side come in and take over. In my screwed up logic (or not), I feel like if I admit that I’ve kinda been defeated, everyone will be like “oh…she’s so weak and not strong at all like I thought”.
I cannot let that happen.
At this point, I’m just gonna block it out, make school my only focus, and then deal with the rest when it comes.
Anyway, this thing is a lot longer than I expected.
Sarah out!

No comments:

Post a Comment