Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hello, Springtime in January

Okay so I know the last post was a little dark and somber but I’m moving on and from that and refuse to let any of this distract me from doing what I need to do.
Alrighty..so the good news is everything at home was resolved and things between my dad and I are slowly getting better. We both agreed that things were said that shouldn’t have been and everything else. What’s more is that we also agreed that in certain aspects, we were both in the wrong.
I took responsibility for getting bad grades and for getting so enraged that it resulted in throwing stilettos.
He took responsibility for saying a lot of things that he is now sorry about, ultimately telling the whole church about my grade situation.
Upon airing out everything, I said that I was sorry for everything and that I forgave him for everything that was said and done.
We both decided that we would put this behind us, never to bring it up again, and when I go home next week, we’ll go have dinner or spend time together–just the 2 of us and really just start fresh. While I may never forget this, I DO plan on saying “Yes, I screwed up. Yes, I did things that I shouldn’t have done. But through it all, I grew up, took responsibility, and am working on making this into one of those ‘through this trial, we kept the faith and are now stronger not because of it but in spite of it’ things”
So right now as I’m typing this, I’m wearing capri sweats, a tank top, and was wearing flip flops..oh, and drinking a delish cherry limeade!!
This was like the perfect weekend!!
Last night, some of the girls and I went to Bricktown, ate some AWESOME Italian food, had some amazing ice cream, and then came back to the dorm to watch movies. I crashed around 1:30 or 2am and didn’t wake up until around 10:20 or 10:30 this morning.
To be perfectly honest, I needed this escape from everything. If only for one night, I needed to just have fun with the girls. One night of not worrying about homework or anything. One night of dressing up and doing all that pretty girly stuff and just having fun. hahaha.
Well, Cinderella is back from the ball and has to finish reading!!
While this post wasn’t as deep and heavy as the last one, it’s still hopefully insightful and witty!
Ha!
Sarah out!
Byee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment