Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Now I have a purpose!! Now I have a destiny!! You me for Your glory!!!! You made me made for Your glory, Lord!!

Okay so tonight was pretty epic.  I spent a while soaking in the presence of God. It was soo awesome. Given the events of the past few days, I think the fact that this was very much needed is pretty much an understatement.

I was in the floor towards the back just letting God take over. I remember, I was on my face before God and I felt this peace like I've never known. I heard God say "Stop fighting. I hate to break it to you, child but you are not as strong as you think. It's time to stop fighting Me. Let Me be there for you." I felt God put His hand on my shoulder.

It was like all the pent-up frustration with everyone and everything just came out. I broke down in tears. The whole time God was next to me and in my mind, I kept thinking "I hate You...I hate You.."

I think this is proof God has a sense of humor because He was like "Hate all you want. I'm not going anywhere."

Who knew God using reverse psychology would work so well?? LOL!!

Anyway, as I was crying...note that at the end of the night, I looked like a raccoon with smeared mascara and carpet-hair from laying on the floor.

Anyway, as I was crying, God gave me the Scripture of Matthew 11:28 which states "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest". 
I was still on my face before God and I felt Him move His hand from my shoulder and felt Him pick me up off the ground and dust me off. He reminded me of like a father taking His hurt child and holding them until they were comforted. I lost it completely at that point.

I was still crying and I kept telling Him that I wanted to be with Him again. This brought another Scripture into my heart, which was Matthew 6:24, which stated "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." It made me think...did I want to continue basically abandoning my One True Love,  and do whatever whenever? Or did I want to leave the world behind and run back to my Perfect Lover, Perfect Friend and live the life and fulfill whatever He has called me be and do?

After so much pain and so much heartache for the past month or so, I don't want what the world has for me. I want my treasure in Christ. I want the inheritance He has promised me.

This was pretty much the awesomest night I've had with God in quite some time and I definitely needed it!!

Well, that's pretty much it!!

Peace out, Girl Scout!!
Love you,

 <3 Sarah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment